Call for Applications: Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2017/18 [OI Beirut]
Deadline: June 15, 2017
With our postdoctoral fellowships we seek to enhance co-operation with academic institutions in the region.
The fellowship will be granted for up to 12 months, beginning with September 15 2017 (or later this year). The stipend amounts to € 1900 per month. We may further support up to two travels abroad for active participation at conferences and the like.
- Excellent research project;
- PhD in a region related discipline;
- Excellent command of Arabic and English;
- Basic command of German is expected;
- Research design must convincingly project results within the prospected period;
- Reference to the research environment at OIB in the cover letter.
Postdoctoral fellows are expected to:
- participate actively at academic activities of the Institute;
- present their research results;
- enhance the Institute’s cooperation with academic institutions in the region;
- cooperate with ongoing research activities of the Institute;
- write a report at the end of their fellowship.
Deadline for submitting applications: before June 15, 2017
by e-mail to:
Prof. Dr. Stefan Leder
Applications must include:
- Cover letter
- Outline of research proposal
- Letter of recommendation written by an academic supervisor